Easy Mediterranean Pizza
Friends came over last Sunday for lunch and this quick pizza received rave reviews:
We fed (with salad) 6 adults + 4 toddlers using a deep oven tray to Take all the toppings!
For the dough you will need:
2 pkg. active dry yeast
2 cup warm water (50% boiled 50% from the tap)
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. Olive oil
5 cups of flour
2 cups of tomatoe Passata
1/2 Thinly Sliced red onion
2 Garlic cloves finely diced
1 Teaspoon of Oregano
Thin strips of 1 red & 1 orange pepper
8oz Grated Cheddar
40z Sliced Mushrooms
1 Packet (5 slices) Parma Ham
2 Packets of Mozzarella Balls
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining dough ingredients; beat vigorously, about 20 strokes. Allow dough to rest (about 10 minutes)cover bowl with a tea towel.
- Heat oven to 200C. Prepare toppings/sauce.
- Stretch dough into shape and place on lightly greased baking sheets (flour your fingers)
- Spread passata evenly on dough surface.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Arrange your choice of toppings on top and dot with Mozzarella balls
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is hot and bubbly.
Makes one large or two round 2 pizzas.